|Tom Clancy's The Division||Tom Clancy's The Division 2|
The AK-47 is an Assault Rifle in Tom Clancy's The Division. It has a low rate of fire and poor accuracy compared to most other assault rifles, but makes up for it with a very high damage per shot compared to other faster-firing and more accurate rifles. The recoil of the weapons seems to pull up and right when fired in bursts, so attachments that reduce recoil should be used.
Real World Version
The AK-47 is an early Cold War era assault rifle of Russian origin. It proved to be so effective and reliable that it was produced in large numbers.
The AK-47 is a gas operated weapon. It cycles using a long stroke gas piston. Combined with high tolerances and a tapering cartridge this makes it very reliable. The 7.62x39mm round was designed for this weapon. The AK-47 is made out of metal with the handguard and fixed stock made out of wood. The original AK-47 has a milled receiver while the product improved AKM has a stamped receiver.
The AK-47 fires the 7.62x39mm round from a curved 30 round magazine. It is a select fire weapon that is capable of semi-automatic fire and automatic fire at 600 rounds per minute. The effective range is about 300 meters.
- Classic AK-47 - Standard wood and steel. Rails are attached to the wooden hand guard for attachments, along with a scope mount for optics.
- Military AK-47M - A tactical variant that has a hand guard RIS already installed. When using optics, they are placed on the rail above the hand guard.
- Black Market AK-74
- Survivor AK-47 (Survival Gear Set)
- Sweepers use modified Classic AK-47s with improvised flamethrower attachments during close quarters engagements.
- In-game AK-47s are modelled after the AKM, an improved version of the original AK-47 design.
- The Black Market AK-74 is grouped with other AK-47 variants, although it fires an entirely different caliber of ammunition in real-life.
- AK-74s fire the 5.45×39mm round, while the AK-47/AKM fires the 7.62×39mm round.
- The Military AK-47M is actually an AK-74, as determined by the curvature of the magazine. It's less curved than the Classic or Black Market, signifying that it fires the 5.45mm rounds. Why the developers chose to incorrectly design the AKs like this is unknown.