The Ballistic Shield is a skill that appears in both Tom Clancy's The Division and Tom Clancy's The Division 2. In the first game is appears as a Security skill, and returns in the second game. In both games, the skill focuses on protecting the agent from harm while still allowing them to fire back at hostiles.
“ Equips a portable Ballistic Shield that absorbs damage. The user can only use their sidearm while the shield is active.- Base mod description ”
Tom Clancy's The Division Edit
Mod 1: Reactive Targeting Edit
Equips a stronger and lighter shield that pulses hostiles who shoot at it.
- Increases shield health
- Enemies who shoot the shield will be pulsed
- Decreased weapon damage increase
Mod 2: Assault Shield Edit
Equips a shield that grants the user's sidearm increased damage, knockback, increased accuracy, and faster reload speed.
- Reduced shield health
- Increased weapon damage
- Increased stagger
- Increased weapon accuracy
- Increased reload speed
Mod 3: Kinetic Breaker Edit
Grants the user a small portion of incoming damage as healing.
- Standard stats
- Incoming damage to shield heals user for a small amount
Master: Self-Healing Armor Edit
The shield can regain health after receiving no damage for a short amount of time.
- Shield begins regaining health when not receiving damage for 5 seconds
*Note that all skill masteries are in addition to the other mods.
Base Values for Ballistic Shield at Level 30 Edit
|Base: Ballistic Shield||Mod: Reactive Targeting||Mod: Assault Shield||Mod: Kinetic Breaker|
|Health||164,482 HP||246,724 HP||123,362 HP||164,482 HP|
|Cooldown||41.20 s||41.20 s||41.20 s||41.20 s|
Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Edit
The Bulwark is the standard shield that veteran agents might recognize from the first game. The shield provides full-body protection and restricts agents to using only their sidearm.
This shield mod lets you use an Assault Rifle, Shotgun, or an SMG. This is a lighter version of the Ballistic Shield but, as it only covers your upper body and does not cover your legs or your head.
The reflector mod for the ballistic shield makes the shield reflect incoming attacks to a specified point, but only allows for pistols to be used while it is equipped. This also provides a smaller area of protection than even the Bulwark, as it is only covering the center of the chest, similar to the Crusader mod.
- When good cover is sparse, deploying the Ballistic shield can save you from being crippled by a lethal sniper shot or heavy automatic fire.
- The shield offers protection from bullets at the cost of both movement speed and firepower which means NPCs, as well as enemy players, can flank the user easily.
- Its highly recommended to have a good sidearm or unlock the master mod in order to use the Ballstic shield to its full potential.
- Using the Ballistic Shield increases threat to the user, making enemies focusing their attention on the user. This is a viable build for tanks to draw fire for other team members.
- Players can still use other skills while the Ballistic Shield is active.
- Using a Backpack with the Resourceful talent (Healing applied to you is applied to skills) can help keep your skill active for longer.
- If the shield is about to break, you can hide the shield from enemies and have it regain its health.
- It should be noted that the Cleaner's flamethrower will not burn the player if it is blocked by the shield.
- You still must be facing the cleaner for protection against their flamethrower
- The D3-FNC gearset can allow you to use a Submachine Gun with the shield, at the cost of having only the Master Mod bonuses active.
- Before Update 1.4, the Ballistic Shield had bugs causing users to not be able to fire their weapon, or still take damage to their health when the shield is out.
- In Update 1.8, the cap for Ballistic Shield health is 500,000 HP