|Tom Clancy's The Division||Tom Clancy's The Division 2|
The M249 B is an Light Machine Gun in Tom Clancy's The Division. It's large magazine size makes it a good weapon for finishing of enemies without having to go into cover and reload. However it has, like most LMGs, low Stability. The first few shots will send your aim skyward. Grips and Barrel mods are recommended.
- M249 B
- Tactical M249 Para
- Military Mk46
Real World Weapon
- The M249 is an American produced version of the Belgian FN Minimi.
- It is capable of having a cyclic rates of 750 RPM to 1000 RPM
- It fires the 5.56x45mm NATO rounds.
- The M249 are typically belt feed, but is capable of using the same magazine used on M16 rifles.
- By standards, it is equipped 200 round belt kept in an attachable box.
- There are no M249 variant with the designation of "M249B"
- A similar weapon that is based on the same design and mechanism of the M249 is the Mk. 48.
- It is essentially a M249 scaled up to fire the 7.62x51mm NATO rounds.
- Due to the use of the larger 7.62×51mm round the Mk. 48 generally has a cyclic rate lower than that of the M249.
- The Mk. 48 is capable of having cyclic rates of 500 RPM to 700 RPM.
- By standards, it is equiped with a 100 round belt kept in an attachable box.