|Tom Clancy's The Division||Tom Clancy's The Division 2|
Like in the previous game, the M249 is a high-damage, low rate of fire belt-fed weapon. Compared to the other belt-fed LMGs, the M249 deals more damage than the MG5 and magazine-fed LMGs, but less than the M60.
While it has high-damage, it suffers from poor stability, which results in swaying recoil when firing.
- M249 B
- Tactical M249 Para
- Military Mk46
- Obtained from the Dark Zone.
- Black Friday - M249 B
- Obtainable from Cassie Mendoza.
- Military MK46 Replica
Real World Weapon Edit
- The M249 is an American produced version of the Belgian FN Minimi.
- It is capable of having a cyclic rates of 750 RPM to 1000 RPM
- It fires the 5.56x45mm NATO rounds.
- The M249 are typically belt feed, but is capable of using the same magazine used on M16 rifles.
- By standards, it is equipped 200 round belt kept in an attachable box.
- There are no M249 variant with the designation of "M249B"
- A similar weapon that is based on the same design and mechanism of the M249 is the Mk. 48.
- It is essentially a M249 scaled up to fire the 7.62x51mm NATO rounds.
- Due to the use of the larger 7.62×51mm round the Mk. 48 generally has a cyclic rate lower than that of the M249.
- The Mk. 48 is capable of having cyclic rates of 500 RPM to 700 RPM.
- By standards, it is equiped with a 100 round belt kept in an attachable box.