“ This city fell apart. It's crazy out here. Every man for himself. Survival of the fittest. You gotta take what you need in this world.- Unknown Rioter ”
The Rioters are gangs of common thugs and delinquents that just want to rob and even kill others to ensure their own survival. Many know they can kill but will use that as a final option, but some will pull the trigger first. They are one of the main enemy factions in Tom Clancy's The Division.
While Rioters do not have a set in stone hierarchy, each gang follows a certain leader. Such examples being Hutch or Five-O (possibly may just be a boss or a squad-like leader, basically tougher versions of peon Rioters) as well as a few more leaders. They usually carry bigger and heavier weapons than their lower ranking members and tend to have armor, with the weapon of choice for most of them seems to be light machine guns and marksman rifles.
Beyond the organized factions roam thugs and outlaws that now rampage through the city, rioting, looting, and assaulting any who come near them. Unafraid to wound or kill, they survive by preying on the weak. They roam in packs, hunting down easy targets and lashing out at authorities when they get the chance. Volatile and dangerous, they are a constant thorn in the side of the JTF and a steady drain on resources.
Known Rioter Gangs
- Lord of the 2-1-2's
- Wild Child's Gang
- Trio Crew - Daily HVT 3*
- Break Out Crew - Daily HVT 1*
- East Coast Crew - Daily HVT 1*
- Grenade Brothers - Weekly HVT 3*
- Thunder Riot - Daily HVT 3*
- Hurricane Riot - Daily HVT 3*
- Lightning Riot - Daily HVT 3*
- Blood Sisters - Weekly HVT 3*
- Pokerface's Gang - Weekly HVT 3*
- Molotov Riots
- Cinderella's Gang - Daily HVT 2*
- Castro's Gang - Weekly HVT 3*
- Switchback Riot - Daily HVT 3*
Relationship with other factions
Among themselves the rioters are not unified and are divided into gangs.
Rioters in general see the JTF as weak and take advantage of their struggling power by robbing and looting within JTF controlled territory or outright raiding and attack JTF positions.
Although skirmishes do occur they have been known to engage in trading with Rikers, namely weapons, however seem to distrust one another.
Rioters outright fear the Last Man Battalion. A Rioter report revealed when one of the rioter propose to loot at the U.N. building the other stated to avoid the area, describing the area as a "killing field" because of the LMB. The second rioter further describes them as "badass special forces type" with superior gear and equipment compared to the JTF, and are very ruthless, killing anyone on sight.
Any animosity they have with the other factions would have likely been resolved by the time of Resistance as they joined forces with remnants of the Cleaners, Rikers, and Last Man Battalion to combat the JTF and Division agents as well as to hunt down Aaron Keener.
- Tear Gas Grenades
- Molotov Cocktails
- Concussion Grenades
- Incendiary Grenades
Rioters Enemy Types
- Lurker - Standard enemies armed with PF45 pistols (Regular) or an SMG-9 (Veteran/Elite) and the most common enemy in rioter-controlled territory.
- They usually take cover and attack when their allies flush the player out of cover.
- There are several visual variants of lurkers.
- The first has a red baseball cap, dark grey jacket and blue pants.
- The second has a beanie hat and dull blue jacket.
- The third type has a beanie hat and blue jacket like the second type, but has a white face mask.
- The fourth type will have a baseball cap, blue jacket and dark grey pants.
- The fifth type will have a dark orange jacket, and light grey pants as well as a beanie.
- Dare-Devil - Enemies armed with 586 Magnums (regular) or an M1911 (Veteran/Elite) that is also armed with tear gas grenades (Regular/Veteran) or Molotov Cocktails (Elite/Named) that can be recognized for their dark grey hooded jackets and backpack.
- They have a special ammo pack on the back of their backpack that can be shot, causing an explosion that will cause large amounts of damage, potentially killing them and anyone near, including the player.
- They use their grenades to flush players out of cover for their allies to shoot at.
- If their throw is interrupted they will be disabled temporarily as they will be confused by the tear gas.
- Challenging Difficulty/HVT variants use Frag/Shock grenades and sawed off double barrel shotguns.
- Bruiser - Melee enemies armed with baseball bats that can be recognized by their dull blue hooded jackets and grey mouth covering. They have 2/3rds the amount of health and (if Veteran/Elite) armor compared to regular Rioters.
- Veteran/Elite variants have armor and more health than their Normal counterparts.
- Elite variants use a golf club, are much faster and attack in between shorter intervals than their Veteran/Normal counterparts.
- Lookout - Snipers armed with M44 Carbine sniper rifles or Classic M1As (Veteran/Elite) and PF45 pistols for close-range that can be recognized by their large dark blue hooded jacket and dark pants.
- They are opportunistic snipers that will take shots at players who don't take proper cover.
- They can dish out a lot of damage if left unchecked.
- They have 2/3rds the amount of health and (if Veteran/Elite) armor compared to regular Rioters.
- On Challenging difficulty, named Lookouts have SRS A1's.
- Heavy Weapons - Armed with a Military RPK-74 M LMG and use suppression tactics
- they can be recognized by their dull blue sleeveless vests, white hooded jacket and dark grey pants.
- They have 50% more health and armor compared to regular Rioters of the same rank.
- A red ammo box on their backpack can be shot to spray bullets everywhere, damaging anyone nearby and disrupting the Heavy Weapons user.
- Only Veteran and higher ranks appear to spawn.
- Sprayer - Female Rioter armed with a Black Market T821 and frag grenades/incendiary grenades that can be recognized by their red hooded jackets.
- They are only typically encountered in Challenging mode or the Dark Zone.
- Their weak spot is the same as the Dare Devil's weak spot (the explosive pack.) They can also be recognized from their frantic running as they spray their sub machine guns erratically at the player. Spawn exclusively as Elite and Boss rank encounters.
|Big P||Heavy Weapons||Hell's Kitchen (Bounty)||Lord of the 212 gang.|
|Poole||Special Lurker||Establish Base of Operations||Leader of the gang attacking the base of operation. Easy to ID due to wearing body armor and a gas mask and carrying a L86 LSW. Has Elite-level armor instead of Boss-level armor.|
|Wild Child||Heavy Weapons||Hudson Yards (Bounty)||Target for Bounty.|
|Michelle Mason||Sprayer||Chelsea (Bounty)||Target for Bounty.|
|Hutch||Heavy Weapons||Madison Field Hospital||Leader of group holding Dr. Kandel and her staff as hostage in Madison Square Garden|
|Ripper||Lurker (Unique)||Precinct Siege||Leader of group holding NYPD Precinct in Brooklyn. Easy to ID due to wearing a football helmet and carrying an AK-47. Has Elite-level armor instead of Boss-level armor.|
|Finch||Lookout||Lincoln Tunnel Checkpoint||Leader of group assaulting checkpoint at the Tunnel where Cpt. Benitez is located|
|Five-O||Lurker||Chelsea||Respawns 4 hours after death.|
|Fray||Dare Devil||Pennsylvania Plaza||Respawns 4 hours after death.|
|Strings||Heavy Weapons||Hell's Kitchen||Respawns 4 hours after death.|
|Cinderella||Sprayer||High-Value Target - Cinderella||Wears a blue hoodie, purple jacket, and green mask. Throws Molotovs that detonate on impact.||"A roaming crew of Rioters with molotovs have been wreaking havoc everywhere they go."|
|Jason Griffin||Dare Devil||High-Value Target - Trio Crew||One leader of the Trio Crew, Armed with AK-47 and incendiary grenades.||"A trio of Rioter grenadiers are reportedly competing to get the highest number of civilian kills."|
|Magnus Jensen||Dare Devil||High-Value Target - Trio Crew||One leader of the Trio Crew, Armed with M870 shotgun and EMP grenades.||"A trio of Rioter grenadiers are reportedly competing to get the highest number of civilian kills."|
|Brock Finster||Dare Devil||High-Value Target - Trio Crew||One leader of the Trio Crew, Armed with SMG-9 and shock grenades.||"A trio of Rioter grenadiers are reportedly competing to get the highest number of civilian kills."|
|"Doozer"||Sprayer||High-Value Target - Lightning Riot||Wears a green mask, purple jacket, and blue hoodie. Throws Molotov Cocktails, and throws two in succession.||"A lone rioter is attacking CERA checkpoints."|
|Mo||Sprayer||High-Value Target - Breakout Crew||"A Rioter and her crew are wandering the city, and have been robbing and killing civilians."|
|Stoney||Heavy Weapons||High-Value Target - East Coast Crew||"A Rioter is reportedly shooting people randomly for entertainment."|
|Archuleta||Dare Devil||High-Value Target - Thunder Riot||Armed with a UMP-45.||"An angry rioter with a large supply of explosives is attacking JTF patrols."|
|"Slappy"||Dare Devil||High-Value Target - Hurricane Riot||"Rioters are trying to break into secure buildings with heavy explosives, numerous civilians have been killed by debris."|
|Jones||Dare Devil||High-Value Target - Hurricane Riot||"Rioters are trying to break into secure buildings with heavy explosives, numerous civilians have been killed by debris."|
|Sunshine||Dare Devil||High-Value Target - Grenade Brothers||One leader of the Grenade Brothers. Armed with AK-47 and Incendiary Grenades.||"A group of grenadiers is reportedly setting off grenades randomly around town."|
|Digger||Dare Devil||High-Value Target - Grenade Brothers||One leader of the Grenade Brothers. Armed with SMG-9 and Shock Grenades.||"A group of grenadiers is reportedly setting off grenades randomly around town."|
|Ready||Dare Devil||High-Value Target - Grenade Brothers||One leader of the Grenade Brothers. Armed with M870 shotgun and EMP Grenades.||"A group of grenadiers is reportedly setting off grenades randomly around town."|
|Castro||Dare Devil||High-Value Target - Castro||Wears a yellow jacket with a green mask. Armed with a Police UMP-45.||"Rioters have been rampaging with molotovs and terrifying civilians."|
|Pokerface||Sprayer||High-Value Target - Pokerface||Wears a blue hoodie, purple jacket, and green mask. Uses Molotov Cocktails.||”A sadistic Rioter roams the streets looking for payback - from anyone unlucky enough to run into them.”|
|"Switchback"||Sprayer||High-Value Target - Switchback Riot||Wears a blue hoodie, purple jacket, and green mask. Uses Molotov Cocktail grenades.||"A rioter is ambushing and robbing lone civilians."|
|Greenback||Sprayer||High-Risk Target - Blood Sisters||Wears a blue hoodie, purple jacket, and green mask. One leader of the Blood Sisters.||”Two angry Rioters are rumored to be having a shooting contest - with civilians.”|
|Cleopatra||Sprayer||High-Risk Target - Blood Sisters||One leader of the Blood Sisters.||”Two angry Rioters are rumored to be having a shooting contest - with civilians.”|
|Scrapper||Heavy Weapons||DZ02, DZ03, DZ04|
|Cowboy||Dare Devil||DZ01, DZ02||Armor piercing rounds|
|Dropkick||Heavy Weapons||DZ01, DZ02||Increased Knockback|
|Repo||Dare Devil||Supply Drop|
|"Ha-Ha" Estrada||Heavy Weapons||Target of Opportunity|
|"Brains" O'Flaherty||Sprayer||Recover The Report|
- We got a trespasser.
- He is in the entrance.
- Come on! Bite him some more!
- No one likes you!
- Get out of here!
- Just give up!
- Oh great!
- Damn shoot!
- What the fuck?!
- Cover me! Reloading!
- Need more ammo!
- Finish him off!
- Just a few more shots!
- Ah shit they got him!
- I think he's dead man!
- They got Alex!
- He's dead man.
- Looks like you got some gas.
- Let me see how you like this!
- Breathe deep!
- Take a deep deep breath!
- Have a little taste of this!
- Watch it! This thing's hot!
- Hey! Catch!
- Want a little drink!?
- Damn it! No!
- Oh my God!
- Oh man! I-I think he's dead!
- Silm pickings.
- Eat this!
- I see you motherfucka!
- Fuck this!
- You're gonna fucking pay for that!
- What the fuck is taking so long!?
- Are you fucking kidding me?
- Come on out motherfucker!
- Fuckers, Gonna die!
- This is not ok!
- Alright, I got this.
- Bringing New York to its knees.
- They owe us
- Just a bunch of useless coins
- Make them pay!
- That's what I'm talking about.
- You deserve to die.
- We got more.
- Oh crap, they're killing us!
- Get out of here.
- Get that dog!
- They just left us here to die.
- Finish them off!