|This article, Sidearms, has insufficient information and needs more content. You can assist The Division Wiki by expanding this article as much as you can.|
Pistols are short range weapons, and have a lower damage range compared to primary weapons. The weapons differ from their rate of fire, damage, and handling traits. One of the advantages of pistols is that they have an unlimited ammo supply.
Each pistol comes with two talents, with the second talent being rolled with Expert, increasing damage towards enemies at low health.
Pistols do not carry any special class talent, with the exception of the Golden Rhino, which gains increased threat.
Semi Automatics are reloaded and fed via magazines, the most variety when it comes to weapon modifications, and have the best stability and best range (in terms of Sidearms) but have lower damage. Most of the sidearms present in the game are Semi-Automatic.
Revolvers are fed their ammunition in (as the name implies) their revolving chamber and are reloaded via a revolver speedloader. Revolvers lack in weapon modifications, capacity, range and stability, but make up for it for its high damage.
The only revolvers present in the game are the 586 Magnum and the Rhino weapon line.
A sidearm that fires three bullets at a time; it does lower damage per bullet than a Semi-Auto but makes up for it in its number of bullets shot. The only Three-Round burst weapon is the 93R.
A sidearm where the back end of the weapon must be opened for it to be reloaded; it has the highest damage, but the shortest range and slowest reload time. The only Breech sidearm is the Double Barrel Sawed Off.
- When using a Ballistic Shield, the player will use his equipped sidearm.
- If the player performs a melee hit while holding a sidearm in Tom Clancy's The Division 2, the agent will perform one of three animations:
- If out of combat, the agent will flip the gun over, grab it by the barrel and perform an wide uppercut swing.
- If in combat, the agent will swiftly lift the sidearm and slam the weapon down.
- If equipped with a sawed-off shotgun, the agent will perform a short right-to-left swing.