|Tom Clancy's The Division||Tom Clancy's The Division 2|
The Turret is a Tech skill appearing in Tom Clancy's The Division.
The Turret is a miniature automated turret mounted on a tripod which, after a slight delay, opens bursts of ballistic fire upon the targets within its vicinity. The Turret can even be tossed to be set up at a distance from the user to provide the user with a tactical advantage during combat. The Turret can even be deployed near the agent's feet to provide with cover should they be approached from behind by their enemies. The Turrets can even be modified with certain settings to better serve the user's tactics during combat.
Base values for the Turret at Level 30
- The turret can be used as a distraction, allowing the owner to flee or open up a flank for their squad.
- Depending on the mod used, the turret can provide considerable utility and versatility. The Active Sensor mod improves upon the baseline turret and provides an alternative to Pulse, while the Dragon Breath and Zapper mods can serve as alternatives to Incendiary Grenades and Shock Grenades, respectively, supplementing the usage of grenades and providing crucial crowd control. In all cases, the Turret shines as a means of sustained area control and an alternate angle for damage.
- The Turret takes a bit of investment to become a threat unto itself, but it can be worth it. Initially, it starts off weak, but with a few performance mods and an investment in Electronics and Skill Power, the Turret can become a serious nuisance.
- The Turret's tiny hitbox makes it a difficult target for an enemy player to hit with weapons fire. For best results, placing the Turret at high elevation or with friendly turrets will reduce the likelihood of it being destroyed.
- Tanks will always try to disable the Turret if they can reach it. Sacrificing the Turret can be a good move if your group needs to take a breather. If a player has Scorched Earth unlocked and disables their Turret before the heavy destroys it, the explosion will still detonate and deal extra damage.
- The Turret, like other deployables, cannot be destroyed while in mid-flight as part of a remote deployment. Shooting at it in the air has no effect.
- The Zapper mod is a great way to hinder even the toughest enemies, as the Shock Status Effect will paralyze anyone and render them temporarily defenseless. However, the potency of its crowd control is offset by its fragility and high cooldown, so it might be a good idea to increase your Threat, so that it won't get targeted by enemy fire.
- Active Sensor is an irreplaceable tool for controlling the battlefield. Even without the Pulse Effect, its great range allows it to detect, track and shoot enemies for considerable damage over a wide area.
- The Dragonbreath is an extremely powerful mod, since it deals significant damage and can slow down groups of enemies by setting them on fire. However, it has the shortest range of any Turret mod, limiting its safe use.
- The Dragonbreath Turret is the FireCrest Gear Set's best friend.
- Rogue First Wave Agents can hack player's turrets to used against them. However, if the turret is near the Rogue Agent after it was hacked, the player can still detonate it and damage all nearby enemies.
- The Ballistic Turret uses P90 magazines, shooting 5.7x28mm rounds.