|Tom Clancy's The Division||Tom Clancy's The Division 2|
Real World Version Edit
The UMP is a modern sub machine gun of German origin. The UMP was developed by Heckler & Koch in the 1990's and supplements the famous MP5 in their lineup. Although the MP5 is considered very reliable and highly accurate it is also rather heavy, very costly and it is difficult to mount accessories, although many are available. The UMP is lighter, less costly, more modular and available in various calibers. The name UMP stands for Universale Machinenpistole, which is German for Universal Machine Pistol.
The UMP is available in 9x19mm NATO, .40 S&W and .45 APC. In 9mm and .40 it uses 30 round magazines, while the .45 magazines hold 25 rounds. The rate of fire varies per caliber and is roughly 700 rpm in 9mm and in .45 it is 600 rpm. The limited rate of fire makes the UMP controllable, even when firing the more powerful types of ammunition. The effective range is quoted to be about 100 meters.
The UMP-45 has a moderated fire rate and magazine compared to other SMGs in-class. The Converted USC variant has a slightly higher rate of fire at a cost of a lower base magazine size.
The UMP-45 weapons have two talents at random, with its third talent automatically rolling with Ambusher.
- Increase your damage by 10% against targets in cover
- The UMP series submachine gun is a Heckler & Koch product intended to replace the MP5 design.
- In-game examples are designated UMP-45, indicating they are chambered in .45 ACP.
- Variants chambered in 9 mm and .40 S&W also exist as the UMP-9 and UMP-40.
- Two in-game variants have 30 round magazines, although the real world UMP-45 only loads 25 rounds.
- The Tactical UMP-45 sports an adaptor for installation of a Magpul UBR Collapsible Stock.
- A civilian version of the UMP design exists as the H&K USC, the Universal Self-loading Carbine.
- As the USC's primary market is civilians, it has a maximum magazine size of 20 and cannot be fired automatically. The in-game Converted USC was likely illegally modified for automatic fire.
|Weapons in Tom Clancy's The Division|
|Assault Rifles|| |
SCAR-L (Caduceus) • G36 • Bullfrog • Urban MDR
|Light Machine Guns|| |
|Marksman Rifles|| |
SVD • M700 • The Devil's Heel (Devil/Heel)
|Submachine Guns|| |
PP-19 • UMP-45 • Thompson M1928 (Tommy Gun) • The House
M870 • SASG-12 (Medved) • Super 90 • Showstopper
Px4 Storm • X-45 • 93R • Rhino (Golden Rhino)