|For the Rifle variant, see MDR.|
“ If you can find an MDR out here, take care of it. You're not likely to find a better weapon for dealing with these urban shitbags. ”
The Urban MDR is a high powered, low RPM battle rifle while having superior accuracy when compared to other assault rifles, but is offset with a lower stability. It has a strong vertical recoil if no stability mods are equipped to dampen the effect. Due to semi-auto firing, it is not advisable to use the MDR at close ranges where a higher RPM gun would be better suited.
For the Urban MDR, the first two talents are selected at random. The talent that is active is fixed at acquisition and cannot be recalibrated after Update 1.6 - Last Stand.
Taking advantage of Distracted means taking advantage of status effects such as Burn, Bleed or Shock. To this extent, the Urban MDR pairs well with builds that specialize in status effects, like the Predator's Mark (bleed) or FireCrest (burn) Gear Sets.
- Prior to Update 1.5, the MDR was originally the B.L.I.N.D. System Battle Rifle, intended to synergize with the B.L.I.N.D. Gear set.
- The Rifle was first shown at E3 2016 at a special showing of the Underground Expansion.
- In its B.L.I.N.D. guise, the MDR originally had low damage and 1000RPM fire rate.
- In Update 1.4, the B.L.I.N.D. gear set was changed into the Banshee's Shadow set.
- The Urban MDR is based on the Desert Tech Micro Dynamic Rifle chambered in 7.62×51mm NATO.
- A 5.56×45mm version does exist, but is not present in-game.