Players are able to customize their weapons to make them unique and personal to their agent. Guns can be customized with a variety of attachments (A.K.A. "modifications,") such as scopes, grips, sights, magazines, muzzle attachments and weapon skins. Weapons drop in tiers of quality respective to the player's level, in 6 different tiers.
High-end and exotic weapons are endgame guns and are very difficult to acquire early on. These weapons roll with higher stats and 3 talents.
These rare artifact weapons can be found in various ways (i.e. purchased from special vendors or dropped from bosses/found in respective caches.) Exotic weapons will not spawn normally until the player has reached rank 30.
Light Machine Guns
- Main article: Modifications
Mods are attachments that can be applied to weapons to boost various traits such as effective range, magazine capacity, stability and accuracy. In addition, certain scopes grant the ability to aim down sights in first-person when equipped. The number of modifications that can be attached is based on the number of mod slots the weapon has, which in turn depends on the weapon’s archetype, item level and rarity level.
Mods also extend to weapon skins, which can be used to further personalize a weapon but do not grant bonuses.
- Main article: Mods List
Here is a list of Mods that have been recorded so far.
Weapon talents are bonuses that are available on Specialized, Superior and High-End weapons. For most weapons these talents are randomly rolled, the only exception being named gear. Talents have the ability to change the way a weapon performs. Specialized weapons have one talent, Superiors have two talents and High-Ends have three talents. For weapons, the following talents are available:
- Accurate: Accuracy is increased by 25%
- Adept: Using a skill increases your critical hit chance by 7.50% for 15 seconds.
- Balanced: Weapon reaches maximum accuracy faster when shouldered.
- Brutal: Headshot damage is increased by 12% when using this weapon.
- Capable: Using a skill improves the handling of your weapon for 15 seconds.
- Commanding: Every kill performed while the signature skill is active extends its duration by 20%.
- Competent: Weapon damage is increased by 10% for 15 seconds after using a skill.
- Coolheaded: Performing a headshot reduces all skill cooldowns by X%.
- Deadly: Critical hit damage is increased by 15%.
- Destructive: Armor destruction value is increased by 15% when using this weapon.
- Determined: Killing a target reduces skill cooldowns by 7.50%.
- *Disciplined: Killing a target will make your next shot with the weapon be an automatic critical hit.
- Dominant: Every kill performed while your Signature Skill is active reduces the cooldown of your other skills by 10%.
- **Elevated: Increase your damage by 10% when elevated more than 1.2 meters above your target. (Exclusive to Marksman Rifles!)
- Expert: This weapon deals 100% more damage when the target is below 30% health. (Exclusive to Sidearms!)
- Ferocious: Damage against elite and named enemies is increased 10%.
- Fierce: Critical hit chance is increased by 5% when using this weapon.
- ***Focused: When no skills are on cooldown, your weapon damage is increased by 10%.
- Fordern: Kills by active skills prolong their duration by X%.
- Hurried: Critical hits increase reload speed by 10% to a minimum of 1 second reload time. (Exclusive to Submachine Guns!)
- Harmful: Each hit has a X% chance to apply the ‘bleed’ status effect.
- Intense: The first bullet of a magazine has a 25% chance to apply the On Fire Status Effect.
- Meticulous: Killing a target has a 25% chance to instantly refill the magazine.
- Prepared: Damage is increased by 15% when more than 30 meters from the target.
- Proficient: The first bullet shot when out of combat has a 50% chance to result in a critical hit.
- Predatory: Killing a target regenerates 35% health over 20 seconds.
- Responsive: Damage is increased by 10% when closer than 10 meters to the target.
- Sustained: Killing a target increases your health by 6%.
- Skilled: Headshot kills with this weapon increase signature skill resources by 5%.
- Swift: Reloading is 25% faster.
- Self-Preserved: Critical hits with this weapon heal the user for 3% of damage death.
- Talented: Killing a target with this weapon increases skill power by 15% for 20 seconds. The effect does not stack. Killing a new target refreshes the timer.
- Toxic: Headshots with this weapon have a 15% chance to apply the Blind Status Effect.
- Trained: Critical hits increase signature skill resources by XX%.
- Unforgiving: Missing health segments increase your damage: 1 missing segment +10%; 2 missing segments +25%.
- Vicious: Critical hit chance is increased by 10% while having more than two segments of health.
*Disciplined will always roll in the third slot for the SVD and its variants and can be found on other Marksman Rifles as well.
**Elevated is always rolled in the third slot for the M700 and its variants.
***Focused will always roll on the third slot for G36 assault rifle.
The Division handles weapon firing modes in a more uncommon way, meaning that you are not able to switch between firing modes like automatic, burst, and single shot on the fly.
However, each weapon item drop defines or preselects its firing mode, e.g. you can find a normal MP5 that is fully automatic, while MP5s with burst firing mode can also be found.
Different guns require different ammunition types. In addition to the guns’s default ammunition you can use special ammo consumables that can temporarily buff your weapon’s efficiency. The number of bullets you have left can always be looked up in your inventory. Weapons of the same type will share the same ammunition pool, e.g. having two SMGs equipped will not change your maximum amount of SMG ammo.
- Assault Rifle ammo
- Light Machine Gun ammo
- Marksman Rifle ammo
- Shotgun ammo
- Submachine Gun ammo
Special Ammo Types:
- Explosive bullets - Chance to deal area of effect damage.
- Incendiary bullets - Chance to light target on fire.
Six types of hand-tossed grenades exist in the game for usage, and can be used to employ a number of strategies.
Types of Grenades