In Tom Clancy's The Division 2, players will have access to a wide variety of weapons to use. They are divided up into 6 categories, including the new Rifles category found only in Tom Clancy's The Division 2. Players have access to 3 weapons; 2 primaries and a secondary sidearm.
Signature weapons for Endgame (Specializations)
- Explosive Tipped Crossbow - Survivalist
- M32A1 Grenade Launcher - Demolitionist
- .50 Cal Sniper Rifle - Sharpshooter
- Minigun - Gunner
- Lullaby (Pre-order/The Capitol Defender Pack)
- Ruthless (Elite Agent Pack)
- Liberty (Kendra's Liberty Blueprint)
- The Chatterbox (The Lost Chatterbox Blueprint)
- Merciless (Drops from Hyena Named Enemies)
- Sweet Dreams (Drops from Outcast Named Enemies)
- Pestilence (Drops from Outcast Named Enemies in Dark Zone)
- Nemesis (Puck's Nemesis Blueprint)
- Eagle Bearer (Exclusive drop from Operation Dark Hours)
This time around, your grenades will be connected to your specialization, which aren't unlocked until level 30. During level 1-29, the Concussion grenade, will be the only one available to you.
At level 30, there will be three additional types of grenades, each tied to a specialization:
- Flashbang grenade – Sharpshooter
- Incendiary grenade – Survivalist
- Frag grenade – Demolitionist
- Riot Foam grenade - Gunner
Whenever you switch specialization, you will also switch grenade type. This means that you will never have, for example, a Flashbang and an Incendiary grenade at the same time. However, the Concussion grenade will always be available, no matter what specialization you use.
This makes sure that the grenades can be powerful and useful, without being such a large part of your arsenal, thereby invalidating a lot of other sources of damage. It also means that you will have a much clearer idea of the capabilities of each player in PVP and PVE, depending on how they've chosen their specialization. Not only will it help when facing enemies, it will also add more depth to the assembly of your own squad. Based on what activity you will be engaging with, be it raids, missions, or PVP – different grenade types might be more viable than others.